ConstructEU – Building up skills for successful European Projects in the Construction Sector
The core objective of ConstructEU was to develop an internationally recognized qualification for EU project managers in the construction sector based on the EQR-Standards to practically test them through local tests. This new professional qualification should be anchored lastingly in the Spanish, Hungarian and German training systems.
The certified training course “Qualification to EU-Fundraiser” practically tested in Germany and provided by emcra GmbH since 2005 served as basis for the transfer of competencies. In the frame of the qualification, participants get introduced to the particularities and prospects of European projects and European project management. They also learn about the specific funding opportunities for transnational mobility projects.
- The training course concept was developed step by step together with the European partners from Spain, Hungary and Germany and adapted to the specific needs of the target groups and the partner countries.
- The qualification “European Projects in the Construction Sector” was jointly created.
- A transnational Train-the-Trainer pilot training took place in Berlin in November 2014 as preparation to the local tests in the partner countries.
- The common teaching and learning materials were translated in the official language of each partner country.
- Practical local tests among the target groups took place in the three partner countries: Berlin (DE), Santander (ES), Kiskunkalas (HU). The local tests served as review of the training programme and the elaborated teaching and learning materials.
- In order to ensure the sustainability and implementation of the qualification in the national training systems, the latter was successfully certified in Hungary and Germany in the course of the project.
- Furthermore, a common Memorandum of Understanding about the qualification was developed. As a consequence the participating project partners are committed to apply the quality criteria beyond the project term.
- In parallel, a comprehensive and goal-oriented public relation work in conjunction with a target-oriented networking action was conducted in the three partner countries. Besides the multilingual website, a project film as well as a Facebook page about ConstructEU were created.
- The most important information on ConstructEU was edited in three languages (DE, ES, FR) on the European databank ADAM (Advanced Data and Archiving Management System).
- The booklet “ConstructEU – project & results” introduces the fundamental project activities and results.
- In the frame of the 5th partner meeting a public closing event was organized in June 2015 in Szeged (HU). Media representatives were also present and conducted interviews with the partners.
- Furthermore, the project partners used their own network to disseminate the project results. Visits to trade fairs and discussions with relevant stakeholders also took place at the national level.
The direct cooperation with relevant stakeholders from the training organizations and professional associations sustained the practical access to the project and the transfer of the results. Thus, EU project managers who are active in the construction sector will be qualified in the future. In the long run this will sustain the mobility in the construction sector and contribute to the transnational professional exchanges.